Apr 29, 2020
We are looking to add a passionate part-time Business Analyst to our logistic team. The celebration starts at Joyin! The JOYIN brand is committed to making the best-selling toys and ultimate party products for people of all ages. Our branded toy products enhance a child’s creativity and social learning skills. Our party products start and propel the celebration and help our customers create great events and happy memories. We strive to create fun and exciting Party Supplies, Toys, Costumes, Holiday Decor and so much more, bringing the celebration to thousands of satisfied customers.
Job Type: Part-time
- Develop and maintain models for management use and maintain databases of market information
- Clean, validate, and process large amounts of data based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and build an accurate demand model to forecast the top-selling items;
- Analyze trends to identify markets for product development and to improve sales of existing products by creating pattern classification and clustering algorithms in SPSS Modeler;
- Perform competitor analysis by comparing several factors (price, promotion, customer review, etc.) by utilizing data visualization tools (Tableau, Excel);
- Prepare reports, recommendations, and visualized results (Tableau, Excel) based on the data analysis and present it to the supervisor and company employees that can give them ideas to improve the work strategies.
- Apply analytic methods and maintain databases of logistics information
- Compute logistics metrics, and maintain accurate records, such as on-time delivery rates, inventory turns and order fulfillment rates;
- Analyze operations including performance, error rates, and complete a root cause analysis using the Ishikawa Diagram (Fishbone Diagram);
- Analyze logistics data by (R, Q) inventory model, and optimization models on Excel Solver to forecast transportation costs, processing time and back orders;
- Work with our 3rd party supply chain providers on continuous improvement processes to reduce unnecessary expenses and improve service based on the data analysis.
- Collect business data from available sources reports to identify current and potential customers and demand analysis
- Utilize Python to gather and mine data for some projects (sales volume, customer information, prices, etc.) from various sources (Amazon, Wayfair, etc.);
- Analyze marketing data to identify anomalies, trends, and opportunities to impact key performance metrics;
- Generate standard reports summarizing business, demand, and sales volume for review by executives, managers, which help them to change the current strategy appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics or relevant business field;
- Strong oral communication skills to partner closely with vendors and team members;
- Excellent writing skills to produce professional level presentations and reports on findings
- Computer software competency with knowledge of using analytical programs, spreadsheet software and flow-charting tools;
- Problem-solving approach to process data and provide creative solution options for a wide variety of problems;
- Ability to use data to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to email@example.com