June 22, 2020
We are looking to add a passionate Packaging Designer to our team. You will work with our Product Managers to create fun and exciting packaging for Toys and Decorations that delight our customers, their families, and friends.
The role requires fundamental knowledge of design, manufacturing, and strong project management skills.The ideal candidate loves creating products with personality, possesses solid sketching ability and has an eye for character design.The Product Designer presents their design concepts and explains why they are great. They are able to take feedback from multiple points of view and are happy to make changes to improve the final product. We're looking for someone who would takes initiative and create the most fun toys you can imagine.
Job Type: Full-time or Contractors
Schedule: Up for Discussion
- Utilize a strong design aesthetic with complete PREPRESS skills.
- Print knowledge: understanding of the printing process, CMYK vs RGB, create and read die-lines, separations, and ink application, etc.
- Preflight and production of packaging files. A basic familiarity with packaging materials, costs, and processes.
- Maintain graphic standards in all creative designs: while adhering to current strategies, branding, company message, and procedures.
- Practice a quick and efficient design process for packaging materials, including brainstorming, sketching and creating prototypes and digital images.
- Assist in coordinating with domestic and overseas printers.
- Take ownership of individual projects while working on collaborative projects, presenting design options for review as assigned.
- Proficiency with short time lines: meet deadlines and all other duties as assigned by managers.
- Evaluate consumer and market trends for packaging materials.
- Practice the ability to persuade with packaging and product ideas.
- Understand consumer psychology and design aesthetics.
- Meet goals pertaining to cost, safety compliance, and branding.
- Photo manipulation and correction.
- Exceptional experience with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Display a varied portfolio of experience in developing CPG packaging.
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word & G Suite applications.
- Excellent proofreading skills with high attention to detail, especially while working under demanding deadlines.
- Basic understanding of three-dimensional shape and form.
- Anticipate, analyze, and resolve project issues; escalate issues and give recommendations for creative solutions.
- Strong problem-solving abilities to quickly identify and rectify mistakes.
- Strong interpersonal abilities and project management skills.
- A degree in printing/graphic design or a related field.
- Multitasking and the ability to shift priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Resourceful, professional, and work well under pressure.
- Work well with others in a team or on your own.
- Self-motivated, consistently giving your best effort, and continually look for ways to improve.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual dress code
- Birthday parties
- Toys/decoration gifts to employees
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Joyin Inc are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Please send your Resume, Portfolio and samples of your artworks to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position. Candidates without submitting artworks will not be considered.